Students aspiring for admission in the VIT University will compulsorily have to appear in the VITEEE 2016 Exam. VIT University conducts VITEEE exam every year in India as well as abroad for admissions in the undergraduate engineering courses offered by the university at its Chennai and Vellore campuses. Vellore Institute of Technology University is also known as VIT University.
Date of Examination – VIT University 2015
The University has announced to conduct the VITEEE 2016 Exam in online mode in an 11 day window from 8th April to 19th April 2016.
VIT University 2016 Eligibility Criteria –
Candidates ought to fulfil certain eligibility conditions as per the eligibility criteria laid down by the VIT University 2016. The criteria laid down by the university is detailed here below
- The date of birth of the applicant should lay on or after 1st July,2015
- She/he should have essentially passed the Board examination of 10+2 or any other similar qualifying examination from a recognized board
- It is an essential criterion that the candidate should have obtained minimum 60 % marks in the aggregate of Physics, Math, Chemistry or Biology while it is specified as minimum aggregate marks of 50% for applicants belonging to SC/ST category and those from Jammu Kashmir & North Eastern states.
VIT University 2016 Application form
The application form will be released in the opening week of December, 2015. Eligible candidates will be permitted to send their application in either of the online or offline mode.
Application Fee details for: VIT University 2016
- Candidates will necessarily have to pay the application fee in the specified amount along with the application form
- The payment of fee can be done via online mode- Debit card/ Credit card /Net Banking or offline mode – Demand draft drawn in favor of “VIT University”, to be payable at Vellore.
- For online payment of fee, the amount of fee to be paid is Rs. 900/-.
- While as for offline payment, amount of fee to be paid is Rs. 950/-.
Procedure to fill online VIT University 2016 Application Form
Candidates who intend to apply online will have to visit the VITEEE 2016 website and fill the online application form. Pay the requisite application fee. Submit the application form. Print your application form and the confirmation page and send both to the VIT University office before the last date to be specified in the Information brochure.
Procedure to fill offline VIT University 2016 Application Form
Candidates would also be able to avail the VITEEE 2016 Application Form in offline mode. The application form will be available for purchase at the University counter and the selected Post offices. Candidates will have to submit/send their filled-in application at the university office on or before the designated last date.
VIT University 2016 Result and Counselling
VIT University will announce the VITEEE 2016 Result tentatively in the month of May, 2016. Result will be hosted on the website of university. Candidates will be able to access their scores by putting their Roll number & Date of Birth in the relevant fields. After the declaration of result, University will publish the counselling schedule on the official website for the counselling process likely to commence in the starting week of June, 2016.
VITEEE 2015 is referred to an engineering entrance exam to be conducted by Vellore Institute of technology to offer admissions to the candidates seeking admission in the engineering courses. Interested candidates will be able to avail the VITEEE 2016 Application Form in the first week December, 2014.