SSC CHSL 2016 – Staff selection commission (SSC) is all set to release the notification regarding the combined Higher secondary level posts following which the candidates will be able to fill the application form. The Commission was to release the application form for the coveted Combined Higher Secondary level examination on 2nd July 2016 but due to some technical processing problem, the Application procedure has been further postponed. The Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Examination is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year to recruit meritorious candidates to Group C cadre posts of Data Entry Operator (DEO) and Lower Division Clerk (LDC) in Central Government Offices, Departments or Ministries. The candidates can choose any of the modes in offline or Online to fill the Application form. The admit card will be send accordingly. All the information of the SSC CHSL 2016 has been given here. Check the updates here.
Posts as per the SSC CHSL 2016:
As per the JOB description, following posts are offered to the aspirants in the Group C and Pay Band 1:
1. Data Entry Officers (DEO)
2. Lower Division Clerk (LDC)
3. Sorting officer/
Important Dates as per the SSC CHSL 2016:
Following are the important dates as far as the SSC CHSL 2016 is concerned:
• Release of the notification cum CHSL Application form 2016 – To be announced
• Last date to fill the Application form – To be announced
• Last date to pay the Application fee (Online) –To be announced
• Last date to fill the Application fee (Offline) – To be announced
• Checking of the State of Application form – To be announced
• Release of E- Admit Card – first week of September 2016
• Date of examination – 25th September 2016, 09th October 2016 and 16th October 2016
• Declaration of Result for Stage 1 Exam – January/February 2017
• Skill Test/Typing Test for Stage 2 – March 2017
• Final Merit List – May 2017
Procedure of filling the SSC CHSL 2016 Application form:
The candidates can pursue any of the following methods to fill the Application form 2016:
• Offline Mode
Candidates can buy the application form thru designated sale centers and offices. Moreover, forms can be availed through post by sending request. Along with the application form, affix photocopies of the necessary documents for authentication. Once the form is filled and all photocopies are attaches, they must send it to the SSC before the last date.
• Online Mode
Online application form can be filled on the aforesaid websites. They have to select the appropriate link and fill all the details. After filling the form properly, they must upload scanned images of passport size photograph and signature and submit it online.
Details as per the SSC CHSL 2016 Exam pattern
The CHSL Examination will be conducted by the SSC in two parts namely the Part 1 and Part. In the Part 1, there will be a common written test and in the Paper 2, there will be separate test for the post of LDC and DEO in the form of Skill Test and Typing Test. the exam pattern has been given in detail in following sections as per the Parts.
• There shall be 4 parts of the single question paper. 50 questions each would be asked from these sections.
• These parts are – General Intelligence, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness.
• Weightage of each section is 50 marks.
• Duration of the exam is 2 hours or 120 minutes.
• The Paper will consist of objective type (multiple choice questions) only.
• Questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-I, III & IV.
• There will be negative marking of ¼ marks for each wrong answer.
As per the SSC CHSL 2016 Paper Pattern, This round will be conducted for the candidates who qualify the written examination. This round is qualifying in nature and it would test a candidate’s skills pertaining to the post he has applied for.
• Typing Test for LDC
Typing test will be held for those candidates who qualify in the written examination. This test will be conducted in English or Hindi. The candidates who opt for English medium must have a typing speed of 35 words per minute and those who opt for Hindi medium must have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
• Skill Test for Data Entry Operator
Skill test will be held for those candidates would qualify in the written examination. They must maintain a data entry speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) key depressions per hour on a computer. Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on computer will be judged on the basis of correct entry of words/key depressions as per the given passage. Duration of this test will be 15 minutes. Printed matter in English language which would contain about 2000- 2200 strokes/key-depressions would be provided to each candidate.
Kindly check Entrancecorner portal for more details.