IAS Preparation Tips 2016 – Union Public Service Commission has released the notification cum Application form for the IAS examination to be conducted in the month of August 2016. With this, the selection procedure for the academic year 2016-2017 has begun. The candidates must be getting nervous as to how they should go about the preparation and crack the all important examination of the country. Well, this article has been drafted to exactly help the candidates in that way. The following tips and tricks will help candidates retain a high confidence during the preparation. Check out the IAS Preparation Tips 2016.
Stages of Examination:
There are three stages of IAS Selection procedure which has been given below:
- Preliminary examination
- Main Examination
- Personal Interview
The candidates qualifying in the every level move to the next level of selection procedure.
To understand the IAS Preparation Tips 2016, the candidates must know the required papers which they would be taking in the Examination:
- General Ability Test OR Paper 1
- CSAT or Paper 2
General IAS Preparation Tips 2016:
- Try to make mind to take the test and start the preparation pretty early. This will help them start their preparation with much time in hand by knowing well the syllabus. To be able to prepare well, there must be a clear cut routine which the candidates must follow.
- The questions asked in the examination are of practical and logic based and hence the candidates must answer them logically.
- There is a provision of negative marking in the examination and hence the candidates need to waste marks in attempting questions they don’t know properly.
- The candidates should refer to the previous year question paper and practice it regularly.
Useful IAS Interview Tips and Strategies:
- To have a positive body language
- To have a good personal turnout and ensuring the right posture
- To answer questions clearly and confidently
- Try to remain calm and composed even when faced with provocative questions
- Try not getting into long winded explanations and answer to the point.
Don’ts at the time of IAS Interview
As per the IAS Interview Tips and Strategies, the candidates are requested to avoid these common mistakes that the general candidates do at the time of Interview:
- Avoid the expression, ‘I am sorry.’
- Avoid conversational clichés, like: ‘as you know’, ‘that’s correct’, ‘of course’, ‘indeed’, ‘obviously’, etc.
- Avoid technical jargon. However, if a member continues to probe you in any technical field, you can use technical expressions.
- Maintain a cheerful disposition. Now and then you can appear serious; but most of the time keep smiling or look cheerful and composed. One caution here: if the board laughs, you should only smile. It is only when you maintain some amount of distance that the board begins to wonder about the depth of your personality.
- Do not give long introductions. Come straight to the heart of the matter.
- Show human concern whenever possible in your answers.
- You should be logically consistent and analyze things rationally while talking. You are supposed to defend what you say, but with due respect to the views of the board. Stop trying to defend an answer if it becomes difficult to do so logically and fairly.
- Do not make hasty or sweeping generalizations.
Kindly check entrancecorner portal for more details of IAS 2016 exam.