KEAM 2015 Exam, also known as Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical exam is conducted to provide admission in professional degree courses. Candidates can opt for the test if they want to pursue undergraduate studies from colleges of this state. CEE or Commissioner of Entrance Exam has the responsibility to conduct the exam every year. Various details for KEAM 2015 Exam related aspects like the eligibility required, application form, hall ticket, etc has been described in this article.
KEAM 2015 Exam Important Dates:
Candidates should have knowledge about all the dates related to Kerala Cee 2015 Exam so that they can complete all the requirements on time. Missing any of the event may prove costly to the candidates. Since there is no exact details for the dates but we are hereby providing a table for the tentative dates on the basis of previous year data:
Date (due in Month)
|Notification will be released in||First week of January|
|Online Registration starts from||First week of January|
|Online Registration closes on||First week of February|
|KEAM 2015 Exam||20th-21st-22nd-23rd April 2015|
|Result of KEAM 2015 will be out in||Mid- May|
|Counselling of KEAM||Mid- June|
KEAM 2015 Exam Eligibility Criteria:
Required eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the applicants to appear in the KEAM 2015 Exam. The details for the same are:
- Only citizen of India, Person of India (POI) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) will be allowed to write KEAM exam. Applicants will be further divided into classified into: Keralite, Non-Keralite (Category-I) and Non-Keralite (Category-II).
- Keralite- are those applicants who are born in Kerala. They must have domicile of Kerala.
- Non-Keralite (Category-I)- are not native of Kerala but have written their qualifying exam in school or college of Kerala. Also it includes:
1. Wards of Government of India Employees and Defense Personnel those who are posted in Kerala.
2. Ward of former and current employee of Government of Kerala whose serving period has been more than two years.
- Non-Keralite (Category-II)- applicants who do not belong to the above categories are put under this category. These applicants will be eligible only for Management Quota in Private Self financing Colleges (Government Seats) and Government Controlled Self Financing Colleges.
- For KEAM 2015 Exam applicants should have scored aggregate of 60% marks in qualifying exam. In Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science/ Maths/ Biology/ Bio-Technology each, applicant must have secure 50% marks or above. Qualifying exam should be either from Kerala HSC or any equivalent board
- Applicant who have scored 45% marks in Maths but have managed to secure 60% collectively in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry are eligible to write KEAM 2015
- Applicants with Diploma of 3 years and have scored 50% marks in it are eligible as well.
- Minimum age limit as per the criteria is 17 and there is no upper limit.
KEAM 2015 Exam Application Form:
Filling the application form is a necessary process for appearing in KEAM 2015 Exam. To fill the form:
1. Applicants must register themselves online.
2. They will have to fill all the details asked in the form.
3. Make fees payment.
4. Finally send the form to the office.
To sit in KEAM 2015 Exam candidates must have their admit card. It can be downloaded from the website of KEAM via these steps:
1. Visit the website.
2. Click on the link for downloading the admit card (the link will be activated with the release of admit card).
3. Enter the details asked there (date of birth and application number).
4. Click ‘Submit’ button.
5. Download the admit card and take a print out of it.
The admit card must be preserved even after the completion of exam as it may be required in any step.
KEAM 2015 Exam Pattern:
Well, knowing the exam pattern is quite important for candidates preparing for KEAM 2015 Exam.
- Total time duration for the exam is 2:30 hours or 150 minutes. No extra time will be allotted to any candidate in any circumstances.
- Total weightage of the exam will be 480 marks.
Total of 120 questions will be asked in the exam.
- The exam will be divided into two papers. Paper 1 of Physics and Chemistry and Paper 2 of Maths/ Biology/Computer Science
- Paper 2 of KEAM 2015 Exam will depend on the choice made by the candidate.
- For every correct answer the candidates will be awarded with 4 marks and for every incorrect or wrong answer 1/4th marks of the question, i.e., 1 marks will be deducted for wrong answers
- In case of left or unattended questions, no marks will either be awarded or deducted from the total
- If a candidate marks multiple choices for a question then that answer will be considered incorrect and negative marking will be done as per the rules. Even if one of the multiple choice marked by candidate is correct, negative marking will be done
- Therefore if a candidate is unsure about the answer of a question then they must not answer that question.